Admitted to practice in 2004
Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn)
Called in 2003
LL.B. (Hons.) (London)
Advocate High Court
Punjab Bar Council
Lahore High Court Bar Association
The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
Specializing in the power sector, constitutional and commercial litigation, alternate dispute resolution including both local and international arbitrations, corporate, commercial and banking laws, structuring, negotiation and documentation of banking transactions, mergers and acquisitions, financial transactions and corporate finance, law of property, civil litigation, contracts, international business transactions, oil and gas laws, telecommunications laws, environmental laws, laws related to concessions etc. and related matters.
- Advised the Lahore Knowledge Park Company in the setting up of the knowledge park, its legal framework as well as the suitable entity and organizational structure
- Advising the Government of Punjab in setting up and authority relating to computerization of land records and drafting law for the same.
- Advising LDA in relation to the Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project.
- Advising 9 Independent Power Purchasers (IPPs) in respect of their disputes with the Power Purchaser and the Government of Pakistan
- Advising in the setting up of a Joint Venture to undertake projects in the power sector including solar, coal and bio gas.
- Advising a public-sector transport regulator in respect of various schemes on public private partnership basis relating to regulation of urban transport
- Advised a private party in relation to public private partnership project in the health sector in Punjab.
- Advised City District Government Faisalabad on privatization of solid waste management
- Advising acquirers on the potential acquisition of an oil marketing company
- Advising a sugar mill in setting up a power plant on bagasse
- Regularly advising various IPPs on matters relating to regulatory affairs as well as their disputes with the Power Purchaser and the O&M Contractor.
- Advising one of the largest education sector groups in Pakistan in respect of its international and local restructuring
- Advised an IPP producing energy from wind in respect of modification of its Power Purchase Agreement
- Advised a consortium of local and foreign buyers on the acquisition of two IPPs in Pakistan
- Advised a power generation company on amendments in the power purchase agreement and the implementation agreement
- Advised Government of Punjab on parking tower project on BOT basis in Lahore
- Advising one of the largest education sector groups in Pakistan in respect of foreign investment by foreign public sector entities.
- Advising a power generation company on listing of its shares on the stock exchange
- Advising a joint venture of foreign and local shareholders on the legal and regulatory issues relating to introduction of international student and youth cards in Pakistan
- Advised acquirers on the acquisition of one of the largest beverages companies in Pakistan
- Advised acquirers on the acquisition of a listed non-banking finance company engaged in investment finance and leasing services
- Advised sellers on sale of a listed sugar manufacturing company
- Advised acquirers on acquisition of a listed insurance company
- Advised acquirers on acquisition of a listed cement company
- Advising acquirers on the acquisition of a pharmaceutical company
- Advised Government of Punjab on parking tower project on BOT basis
- Advising a Pakistani company on joint venture and technical support contracts with a foreign pharmaceutical company
- Advised clients on various turnkey projects in the housing, construction and real estate sectors
- Advised a Pakistani telecom company on a contract for allotment of satellite space
- Advised companies in reaching settlements with banks and financial institutions
- Advising local building authorities on litigation matters involving all the high rise buildings in the city of Lahore
- Advising and representing the city transport authority in matters pending adjudication before the Lahore High Court, Lahore
- Assisted the lead counsel in the landmark Supreme Court case of PCO judges in 2009
- Representing multinational companies involved in litigation matters before the high court and various customs and sales Tax tribunals
- Representing companies in matters involving regulatory and company law issues before the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan and the Competition Commission of Pakistan
- Representing companies involved in civil and banking disputes before the civil and banking courts
Email: [email protected]